No Matter Where You Live or What Your Physical Abilities Are, MOVEment Day is for You!
Daily movement is vital to improving the quality of life for people living with pain. However, many of us have limitations and can't participate in a typical 5km run or walk style fundraiser. Many of these types of events also take place in major cities, excluding those not able to be there in person. That's why, for the 3rd year, we're inviting you to participate in our fun, inclusive, health-focused MOVEment Day on June 16, 2018.
No matter where you live or what your physical abilities are, you can get involved to raise awareness about chronic pain and to raise money to support those living with pain.
Get MOVING on Saturday, June 16th
This day exists because Pain BC is dedicated towards promoting health in our community, as well as raising awareness of the impacts of chronic pain. Your participation offers you the opportunity to do something healthy for yourself or support those who deal with chronic pain every day.
How to Get Involved
There are three ways you can get involved:
If You Live With Chronic Pain, Pledge to MOVE!
Any physical activity - as long as it's safe and approved by your medical team - can be highly beneficial for chronic pain. You can pledge to go for a gentle walk, play a game with a friend, do some light gardening, go for a swim, or even host a pyjama dance party, like participants did last year! We know that people in pain have a limited capacity to give when it comes to fundraising, so consider asking your friends, family, or colleagues to join you and to support your MOVEment pledge by making a donation to Pain BC on your behalf.
There is no cost to making your pledge; you're simply signing up to participate.
Donate to Support a Movement Pledger or Pledge to MOVE and Fundraise!
If you're a health care provider, caregiver, friend or family member of someone in pain, you can show your support by participating in MOVEment day in two ways:
- Donate to support a MOVEment pledger
- Set up a team activity that you and your staff, colleagues, friends, or family can do together, whether it's a group bike ride, yoga class, or swim! Make your MOVEment pledge, raise funds together, and then donate to Pain BC. Your tax-deductible donation goes directly to supporting people with pain.
Donate as a Wellness-Oriented Business, Company, or Organization
Are you a business, organization, or company that supports wellness and movement? You can directly impact the 1 in 5 British Columbians living with chronic pain by supporting MOVEment Day. Make a tax-deductible donation now in support of healthy activity and those living with pain.
We want to hear your MOVEment pledges!
Share your ideas, planned activities, photos, and videos for MOVEment Day 2018 on our social channels using #PainBCMOVEment and #MOVEment2018; we can't wait to see what you do!
Want to Get Your Organization Involved?
Looking for further MOVEment ideas? Want to know more about the benefits of movement for chronic pain?
- Follow along with our MOVEment yoga video by Certified Yoga Instructor, Sarah Jamieson. This Rise and Shine Video is designed for beginners to advanced movers and shakers
- Browse the different resources on paced activities on Live Plan Be, Pain BC's free online self-management tool
- Take a listen to these Pain Waves podcast episodes on How to Keep Moving Through Persistent Pain and Yoga for Chronic Pain with Neil Pearson, PT
Attend any of the following CHANGEpain seminars:
- Mindful Movement (Monday, June 18th at 3:00pm in Vancouver)
- Innovative Movement Options for Complex Pain (Tuesday, June 19th at 4:00pm in Vancouver)
- The Role of Movement to Recover from Post-Concussion Syndrome (Tuesday, June 19th at 5:00pm in Vancouver)
- Sleep and Movement, Optimizing the Relationship (Tuesday, June 19th at 6:15pm in Vancouver)
Questions? Contact us!