Do you live with chronic pain? This free 10-week program from Pain BC is designed to empower you to improve your quality of life and well-being.
The weekly 90-minute online class will be facilitated by Pain BC self-management facilitator Tasha Lowe, Social Worker.
The Making Sense of Pain program answers questions like:
- How does pain become chronic?
- What is the role of my brain in my pain?
- Is it true that other factors influence my pain, like diet, thoughts and emotions?
Once the biology of chronic pain is understood, participants are best placed to learn best practices for managing and healing from pain.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the physiology of pain
- Understanding the role of chronic stress in pain
- Gentle movement exercises for managing chronic pain
- Pacing to reintroduce activities and avoid flare-ups
- Sleep, mood and emotions and their impact on pain
- The importance of social support
- The role of nutrition in healing
- Grief and loss
- How your thinking can affect your experience of pain
Using a combination of teaching, discussion and practice activities, each week will offer tools and resources to support you in your pain management while providing an opportunity to share, listen and learn from others who live with chronic pain too.
When: Weekly sessions on Mondays from 1:00pm to 2:30pm starting March 13, 2023 until May 29.
Monday, March 13 from 1:00PM to 2:30PM PST
Monday, March 20 from 1:00PM to 2:30PM PST
Monday, March 27 from 1:00PM to 2:30PM PST
Monday, April 3 from 1:00PM to 2:30PM PST
Monday, April 17 from 1:00PM to 2:30PM PST
Monday, April 24 from 1:00PM to 2:30PM PST
Monday, May 1 from 1:00PM to 2:30PM PST
Monday, May 8 from 1:00PM to 2:30PM PST
Monday, May 15 from 1:00PM to 2:30PM PST
Monday, May 29 from 1:00PM to 2:30PM PST
Please note that we will be taking a break on both Monday, April 10th and Monday, May 22 for the holidays.
Where: Online via secure Zoom for Healthcare videoconferencing
How to Register: Visit our website and register for the first session on March 13th to sign up for the entire 10-week program.
If the class is full, please email email@example.com to be placed on the wait list.
Please note that the number of seats is limited to 10 participants.