- View this chronic pain patient video by Wendy Brown
We have assembled a list of resources to support you on your pain journey. Click here to view or print.
- Powell River Pain Self-Management Group (by People in Pain Network), meets monthly, Tuesdays from 2-4 PM. Powell River General Hospital. Free. Call toll-free 1-844-747-7246 to register.
- Chronic Pain Self-Management Program (by Self-Management BC), 6-week program, Powell River General Hospital. Free. Call 1 866-902-3767 / 604-940-1273 to register.
- Yoga & Somatics, Nourish Studio. $15/drop-in.
- Somatics Yoga, Powell River Rec Complex. $38/4 classes.
- Relaxation and Gentle Movement for Chronic Pain Management, Tuesdays, 10:45am – 11:45am, Nourish Studio. Sliding scale $5-$15 per class.
- Chronic Pain Group Movement Series, Nourish Studio, $75 (5-weeks). Call 604-483-6225 to register.
- Therapeutic Art for Chronic Pain Management: Zentangle Method, The Arts Centre (above the Library). Sliding scale $5-$10 per class + $10 for supplies. Call 604-483-6150 to register.
- Laughter Yoga, Nourish Studio.
Chronic Pain Resources – Where to find everything
- Visit Pain BC
- Hear from others with chronic pain
- Visit the Live Plan Be self-management portal
- Learn about the science behind pain
- Use the Chronic Pain Functionality Scale to assess your functionality
- Use the Chronic Pain Management Roadmap as a self-management guide to support you on your pain journey
- Find resources in your community
- Powell River Chronic Pain Public Seminar – Questions Summary
- Watch this video to learn about pain
- Take this free course to learn about pain
- Research at least two things about pain in Live Plan Be
- Review the Pain Toolbox
- Learn about Box Breathing
- Try mindfulness
- Try meditation
- Learn about movement and exercise
- Learn about substance dependence
- Pain Support Line or 1-844-880-PAIN (7246)
- Coaching for Health
- Canadian Pain Toolkit
- Pain plan
- Bounce Back
- Pain Diary
- My Opioid Manager
- UVic Chronic Pain Training www.selfmanagementbc.ca or call 604-840-1273 or Toll Free: 1-866-902-3767
- Powell River People in Pain email@example.com or call 1-844-747-7246
- Pearson. Understand Pain, Live Well (Available in all BC public libraries)
- Spencer Smith & Steven C. Hayes. Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life
- Joanne Dahl & Tobias Ludgren. Living Beyond Your Pain: Using Acceptance and commitment Therapy to Ease Chronic Pain
- Dennis Starlanyl & Mary Ellen Copeland. Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain. A Survival Manual
- Dennis C. Turk & Frits Winter. The Pain Survival Guide-How to Reclaim Your Life
- David Corey & Stan Solomon. Pain: Learning to Live Without It
- Joel Levey. The Fine Art of Relaxation, Concentration and Meditation.
- Margaret Gaudill. Managing Pain Before it Manages You
- Bruce N. Eimer. Hypnotize yourself Out of Pain Now!
- Martin Roland. The Back Book
- Jacky Garner-Nix. Mindfullness Solution to Pain
- Kelly McGonigal. Yoga for Pain Relieve
- Brown, Wendy. OWww! Traveling with Chronic Pain.
FETCH Powell River is an online listing of health and social services in our local community. Use the following link to find service providers such as physiotherapy, yoga, counselling etc. Community Healthcare Providers and Services http://powellriver.fetchbc.ca/