April 18, 2018 4:00PM
Living with chronic conditions comes with various challenges that can be frustrating to deal with because individuals are often caught in the vicious cycle of symptoms they are experiencing. Dealing with chronic conditions on a daily basis can affect one's emotional, physical and mental well-being. As a result, it is essential to learn different strategies to live a healthier life with chronic conditions. In this webinar, we will learn about Lana's personal journey from starting to live with chronic conditions to her returning to work, gaining a better understanding of the concepts of self-management and exploring different tools to help individuals break the vicious cycle. Self-Management BC offers complimentary programs that are led by peers and offer practical skills and knowledge to empower individuals to be more hopeful in managing their chronic conditions.
You will learn:
- about the vicious cycle of living with chronic conditions,
- about mind-body connection of chronic conditions,
- practical skills(action planning, decision making, problem solving),
- cognitive skills (guided imagery, visualization),
- how to deal with difficult emotions