Pain BC has brochures outlining our supports and services for people in pain and their families. You can download or order (free of charge) below. These are great resources for health care providers to share in an office or waiting room. We've also created a useful guide to our free online self-management tool, Live Plan Be, for you to use when discussing the tool with patients.
Order Printed Resources
Free Downloadable Resources
The Patient Brochure
- Let those in pain know they are not alone and that their pain is real
- Explain the “pain spiral” leading to a pain-centred life and the process for breaking free from pain
- Introduce people living with pain to Pain BC and our mission
- Encourage people in pain to become active participants in the self-management of their pain
- Offer support, resources, and an invitation to join our growing online communities on Facebook and Twitter.
The Friends and Family Brochure
- Help friends and family better understand what living with pain is like
- Explain why it's so hard to know what to say and how to support a loved one who lives with pain
- Offer support, resources, and an introduction to Pain BC
This is also an excellent tool that can be given to people living with pain to distribute to their support networks.
The Live Plan Be Brochure
- Learn about the powerful, online, self-management tool called Live Plan Be
- With this free resource, patients can learn about the science behind chronic pain; keep track of their symptoms and impacts; develop a plan for better pain management; and connect with a like-minded community of others who live with pain
How to Use Live Plan Be for Your Patients (for Healthcare Providers) Handout
- Start the conversation about pain management with your patients
- Explore key Live Plan Be resources to help you better understand the tool
- Learn how best to use Live Plan Be to support your patients, no matter where they're at on their pain journey
Download the How to Use Live Plan Be for Your Patients Handout (PDF only - not currently available for order)
The Connect for Health Poster
Download the Connect for Health Poster (8.5 x 11) Print on letterhead-sized paper in colour or black and white.
The Coaching for Health Poster
Download the Coaching for Health Poster (8.5 x 11) Print on letterhead-sized paper in colour or black and white.