About Gentle Movement & Relaxation
Developed in collaboration with renowned Canadian physiotherapist Neil Pearson, the Gentle Movement & Relaxation course is designed to equip physiotherapists and other therapeutic movement professionals with practical knowledge and teaching resources so that they are equipped to lead their own movement and relaxation programs for people living with chronic pain.
What the course includes
- Knowledge in pain science, pain and recovery, and specific gentle movement and relaxation exercises to administer to clients.
- Access to interactive slides, audio recordings of breath and body exercises, video resources, weekly homework, movement exercise sheets and other helpful tools to facilitate the program.
Why you should take this course
- Clinically relevant: Non-pharmacological approaches to managing chronic pain are more important than ever. Developed in consultation with a leading expert on movement and chronic pain, Gentle Movement & Relaxation will enable you to empower people with pain to feel safe to move again.
- Brought to you by Canada’s pain experts: Gentle Movement & Relaxation was developed by Pain BC, a national and international leader in chronic pain. We offer Pain BC Certification, a stamp of quality recognized around the world.
- Online, compact and self-paced: Learn at your own pace and from the comfort of your home or office with minimal time away from your practice, family and life.
I’ve completed the Gentle Movement & Relaxation course. What’s next?
Pain BC would like to support you with facilitating this program in your community. Click here for next steps.
Neil Pearson, PT, MSC (RHBS), BA-BPHE, C-IAYT, ERYT500