One minute lessons on hot pain topics: Understanding pain, mind & goals, sleep and pain, medications, relationships
Visit the Live Plan Be self-management portal to get started with a self-assessment and set realistic and meaningful goals
Use the Chronic Pain Management Roadmap as a self-management guide to support you on your pain journey
Use a Daily Pain Diary to help your doctor help you
Check on the Pain Toolkit
Learn about Box Breathing
You are not alone
Meet Bob! View this chronic pain patient video by Wendy Brown, created for Powell River Division of Family Practice
Learn more and get involved
Moseley, GL & Butler, D (2017) Explain Pain Supercharged, Adelaide Australia: Noigroup Publications
Moseley, GL & Butler, D (2015) The Explain Pain Handbook: Protectometer, Adelaide Australia: Noigroup Publications
Neil Pearson (2007). Understand Pain Live Well Again: Life is Now
Local activity resources
- Active Fit: This is a 45 minute higher intensity water workout, utilizing both shallow and deep water. For those that would like a high pace workout with less joint stress, this is for you! This drop-in program is free with the price of admission. Gentle Fit: This is a 45 minute lower intensity workout. Ideal for those with joint ailments or injuries. Get fit with this workout without a lot of stress to the joints. This drop-in program is free with the price of admission. Check out the calendar.
- Indoor Walking Club: Improve fitness and enjoy a safe and temperature-controlled environment. This free program is offered at the Fernie Community Centre Tuesday and Wednesdays from 8:30am to noon and Thursdays from 8:30am to 10am. Find out more.
- Gentle Yoga: Free Chair Yoga open to everyone on Tuesdays at 11am at the Senior Citizens Drop-in Centre. Call 250-423-3312 for more info.
- Gentle Yoga for the Soul (women-only) at the Women’s Resource Centre. Find out more online or by calling 250- 423-4687
- Take part in the Rehabilitation Partnership Program
Other local resources
- Senior Citizens Society 250-423-3312
- Kootenay Seniors
- Get access to the free provincial Advanced Care Planning Guide here or call 811 for more info (Healthlink BC)
- Opioid Agonist Therapy clinic in Sparwood and Cranbrook intake line 1-877-489-4344
- Alcoholics Anonymous offers support & information for individuals with alcohol-related problems. Cranbrook 250-426-3876 or Fernie 250-423-2131
- Columbia Basin Family Resource counselling programs
- Elk Valley Family Society offers affordable housing programs. Call 250-423-4213
Need some help?
Call the Pain Support Line at 1-844-880-PAIN
Get a referral to Coaching for Health
Are you feeling low, stressed or anxious? Check out BounceBack or call 1-866-639-0522
Resources for health providers